Automatic Photo ScannerToday is: March 03, 2015
Business and office tasks has been made easier with the automatic photo scanner. Prior to this, people engaged in the business of scanning and reproducing documents, images, slides, and other reproducible materials have to put up with the usual tiresome manual methods (normally, with a flatbed photo scanner). But thanks to the ingenuity of today's high tech photo scanner makers, the traditional ways can finally rest. The big companies in the automatic photo scanner technology field include such well known names as Hewlett-Packard (HP scanjet), Canon, Kodak, Epson (Epson Perfection), Fujitsu and several other hardware manufacturers. This site is focused on providing information and direction for people searching for automatic photo scanners so that any buying decisions they make are well-informed ones.
Common Factors To Consider in Automatic Photo Scanners
- Automatic feeder and its capacity
- High Resolution
- Multi-size capacity
- Capability for films, negatives, printed photos, documents, etc.
- OS Compatibility
- 2 sided color scanning capability
Depending on the specific purpose, the above cited factors may not necessariy apply, or in other cases some other particular additional features may be required. A professional photographer for instance whose sole purpose for buying a scanner is to reproduce and digitally copy his collection of old printed photos may not require a scanner to have 2 sided scanning capability. A busy advertising office on the other hand may require quick simultaneous copying/scanning of both sides of documents to save time and costs. Other factors like weight and dimensions may come into play when considering portability and space requirements.
Hereunder are some suggested automatic photo scanners. We have collected data about them including some users' feedback when available.
Note: Should you need familiarization of the technical terms regarding photo scanners, please refer to the wiki image scanner page here.
Automatic CanoScan 8800F Photo Scanner
"A reliable and multi-functional automatic photo scanner"
Here is an automatic photo scanner which actually received more praise from users who have used it far beyond the testing phase. Reliable, durable and accurate are three common adjectives you hear from these users. This is the recommended automatic photo scanner for those who need a dedicated picture scanner for slides, negative films, and pictures. It's accompanying software can restore old pictures amazingly well, removing scratches and dusts in just two simple clicks. And you can't help but be pleasantly surprised at its speed too. With a maximum resolution of 4800 x 9600 dpi and great automatic multi-scan capability, who can beat this? Only few products can claim feedback from users who say "...works as advertised."Product Standard Features
- Negative/Color-film/ photo automatic scanner with high-luminance white LED lamps
- Can batch-scan 4 slides or 12 35mm frames
- Can digitally remove dust and scratches, and other blemishes from old/precious photos
- Copy, scan, and create emails and multi-paged PDFs
- 1-year limited warranty
- Scanner unit type: Flatbed, for both color & mono-chrome
- Light source: White LED
- Scanner element: CCD (Charge-Coupled-Device)
- Maximum resolutions:[interpolated] 19,200 x 19,200 d.p.i. [Optical] 4800 x 9600 d.p.i.
- Maximum document size: 8.5 x 11.7 inches
- Scanning mode: [Color] 48.bit internal :: 48.bit external (select from driver); [grayscale] 48.bit internal :: 8.bit external
- Maximum film size: 35-mm x 12-frame (negative-positive), 35-mm x 4-frame (negative- positive mounted-slides), 22-cm x 6-film strip (120-roll film)
- Interface: USB-2.0 (Hi-Speed)
- OS compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Mac OS X ver.10.2.8 to ver.10.4.x
- Software: 1 CD-ROM (included)
- Power Supply Source: AC (alternating current) adapter (120 V, 60 Hz)
- Operating temperature: ~50 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Maximum power consumption (est.): ~18W (~1.5 W on standby)
- Operating humidity: about 10 to 90 % RH
- Weight: ~9.2 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10.7in x 4.0in x 18.9in (W x H x D)
- Warranty: 1-year limited-warranty
- Included in the package: CanoScan-8800F color automatic photo scanner, standard AC adapter, installer CD for Adobe (Photoshop Elements), quick-start user's guide, x-sell sheet, warranty card, app setup CD, users' guide CD-ROM, film guides(35-mm neg./positive mounted-slides, 35-mm negative/positive, 120-roll film-strip) power-cord, USB-cable for the picture scanner
For updates on the price range of this CanoScan 8800F (Model Number 2168B002), hover your mouse over the automatic photo scanner image to the right. Click on it to see more details from amazon.
Negative Feedback? One user remarked in an amazon feedback page that it slows down when given a really big volume of pictures or slides to scan through. Understandably, this is always the case with any automatic photo scanner or any type of scanner for that matter , isn't it? There is always the tendency to slow down when the load is considerably heavy. Another thing, when making manual multiple selections, arrange the bunch so that you select the last one and work towards the first because it scans in reverse order in this case.
Automatic Photo Scanner: NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System
"...All in all, a good picture scanner"
Things are even getting better than ever. Living up to its name, NeatDesk came up with this neat wonder, the NeatDesk Desktop Scanner ADF System. This will enable you to scan just about anything in your office or studio...business cards, pictures, documents, receipts...all in one batch! Compatibility-perfection gets new meaning with this particular automatic photo scanner because you can export your scanned data into PDF, Excel, Quicken, QuickBooks, TurboTax, you name it. That's why it's not just any automatic photo scanner; it's also a digital filing system. If you noticed the upper part of the scanner, you'll notice a series of seemingly overlapping compartments of different dimensions. This way, you can scan three paper types on both sides(!) with one push of a button. You can actually finish scanning hundreds of bank statements, receipts, photographs, brochures, calling cards and organizing the resulting digital data output in a day or even less. This is one best specimen for a photo scanner with feeder. Looking for an automatic photo scanner? This it it. Here's an excerpt of a user's review from amazon.com:
I have absolutely no complaints...
This automatic photo scanner is able to read 2 sided documents and can scan both sides, in color fast!
...read receipts as well as business cards and extracts the data store names, total sale reflected on receipt, the tax, the date of the transaction, etc.) One best part of this feature is that it lets you edit the data (which is sometimes necessary with receipts that are very worn or wrinkled.
The software is extremely user friendly (thus headache free) and is very powerful. One great feature about this automatic photo scanner and software is that you can load volumes of pages and start scanning them pronto with its auto document feeder. While they scan you can go ahead and work on filing other documents. Once the pages are scanned they go into some sort of "inbox" where they line up waiting for you to check them out and decide where to file them.
Do you wish to combine multiple pages of scanned material into one single document file? This can be done and made easy through the software that comes with this photo scanner.
File organization is a breeze because the program allows searching for all scanned documents/files through keyword/keyphrase system much like a database system.
There's actually more that can be said about this wonderful automatic photo scanner with feeder that space wouldn't allow at the moment, but suffice it to say that with this scanner, you'll never go wrong.
Hover your mouse over the automatic photo scanner image to the right for current price data. Click on the image if you want to see more details from amazon.Product Features
- Desktop ADF automatic photo scanner with unique paper input tray
- Faster scanning
- Proprietary industrial design
- Scanner Type: Sheet-fed
- Scanner Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- Maximum Document Size: 8.5" x 11"
- Power Source: AC Adapter
- Product Dimensions: 13" x 9" x 9 " ; 7.7 lbs.
- Weight: 9 lbs.
Ltd Edition Automatic Photo Scanner: Epson Perfection 2480
"This machine works!..."
Photos, slides, negatives, documents, you name it. You can feed them all into the feeder tray and rest assured knowing that it will be automatically scanned with this limited edition combo scanner and automatic feeder from Epson.
Read up all about it here: Automatic Photo Scanner Review: Epson Perfection 2480.
Portable Photo Scanner: Pandigital PANSCN01 PhotoLink Mini Scanner
"A stand-alone and portable scanner you can use anywhere"
If you have tried scanning, say, 200 pictures using a flatbed scanner, you will appreciate what the Pandigital Photolink Mini Scanner can do to ease the hassle and time-consuming effort of doing the work.
Description of the product:
Lightweight and thus very portable, you can carry this automatic photo scanner anywhere. You don't even need to hook it up with a computer as it was designed as a stand-alone scanner (thus it made the list among the automatic photo scanner types). It has a memory card slot on it which stores all the scanned photographs. It can scan up to 4" X 6" pictures and it delivers way faster than flatbed scanners. While with flatbed scanners, you need to open the scanner, place the picture on the bed, close the lid, then open the scanning software in your computer, adjust some settings, margins, cropping areas, etc., then finally wait for some time as it scans, with the Pandigital scanner, all you need to to do is insert the pic and push one button.Specs:
- Supported Media: CF, SD, MS, MMC, XD
- Memory Card Reader: Built-in 5-in-1
- Connectivity: Mini USB 2.0
- Document Size: Up to 4×6 inch images
- Photo Feeding: Sheet Feed Type
- Output Image Format: JPEG
- Resolution: 1800 x 1200 @ 4×6 photo scan (image); 300 x300 dpi (optical)
- Dimensions: 6.15"W x 1.8"H x 1.5"D / .5 lbs
- Handheld (auto feed) Scanner
- Calibration Card
- Roller Cleaning Sheet
- Sensor Cleaning Swab
- Power Adaptor
- USB Cable
- User Manual
Should you want to know immediately the current price of this Pandigital automatic photo scanner, you may hover your mouse over the picture to the right and view the tooltip that displays some detail about the product.
View a video presentation of this scanner by clicking here.
Can't find it? Go to the Automatic Photo Scanner Shop!
We are researching equipments of this kind so you wouldn't have to. We update as soon as new office equipments of the type:'automatic photo scanner' are released.
Related Pages:Portable Pen Scanners | Part-Time Photography Extra Income | Online Photo Submission Income
No Website Photography Online Income | Earn Daily Through Local Area Photography
The Filthy Rich Photographer