Epson 2580 Scanner
This is one that can automatically feed photos and scan negatives as well as slides. User can stack up to 25 pictures in the tray with the largest photo being 4 inches by 6 inches. With an optical resolution of 2,400 dpi x 4,800 dpi, this scanner delivers pretty well even for artists who desire the best in image reproduction.
Its auto film loader feature allows anywon to scan and check/view every 35-mm negative frame. Its high resolution capability delivers exceptional detail even with enlargements. As if this wasn't enough, the Epson Easy Photo Fix comes with it to give the user a one-touch power color restoration.
Users have only one common complaint: Why is there no printed manual?.
Technical Features and Details
- 2,400 d.p.i. [optical resolution]
- 48.bit color and 16-bit grayscale
- Integrated 35-mm film-loader
- High-speed USB-2.0, PC-Mac compatible
- Easy Photo Fix (Epson) for 1-touch color-restoration
- Model: B11B172091
- Compatibility: Mac, PC
- Scanner- Type: Flatbed-scanner
- Dimension: 8.5 inches x 11.7 inches
- Color-Depth: 48.bit color
- Media-Type: Film, Slides,Plain paper
- Media-Load Type: Manual and Automatic load
- Min. System Requirements: MS Windows 98 (Second Edition), Windows ME, MS Windows XP Professional, MS Windows 2000 Professional, Apple MacOS 9.1 or later, MS Windows XP Home Edition, Apple MacOS X 10.2.7 or later
- ...Scanner and software are not resource-hugging. I can do my scanning while I surf and work on my computer at the same time...
- ...I have used a lot of scanners before but I must say I am impressed by this scanner here. It's sort of clumsy to use at times but it performs pretty well. I have turned some 2X3's into really beautiful 8X10's. Please remember to uninstall any previous scanner drivers before using this one as its driver seems to conflict with any prior ones. Other than that, this scanner is 2 thumbs up...
We are researching automatic photo scanners of this kind so you wouldn't have to. We update this page as soon as new information about automatic photo scanners are released.